Celine Dion Reveals Her Husband Wants to Die in Her Arms Amid Cancer Battle

a.jpg

Celine Dion's husband wants to 'die in her arms.'

Celine is returning to Las Vegas this month but the singer has revealed it will be a bittersweet one for her. Her 73 year old ailing husband, Rene Angelil, has been battling throat cancer for the last several years and his final wish is to be with the singer when he passes away. However, on his instructions, she has returned to Las Vegas for her residency despite it 'freaking' him out when she's not at home with him.


Recalling their conversation, Celine Dion told USA Today:

"Sometimes he just wants me to enter into a different place with him. I'll say, 'You're scared? I understand. Talk to me about it.' And Rene says to me, 'I want to die in your
arms.' Okay, fine, I'll be there, you'll die in my arms. 
We have asked [doctors] many times, how long does he have, three weeks, three months? Rene wants to know. But they say they don't know."
Dion says she's done plenty of "grieving" over the last year, but now she wants to show her husband that she's strong enough for the both of them. And part of that is going back to the stage.
"You can have your shaking knees at the end, but when someone you love falls and needs help, it's not time to cry. Afterwards, sure. But not yet. 
Don't forget, he's been the leader of the band all my life. So it [hacks] him off to not see me all day and over here working. But he wants me to do this, do the show, do the interviews. But he freaks when I'm not home with him, too. 
I didn't want to be here at first, I don't need it. Don't get me wrong, I love singing for people, but I have priorities. But René really gave me a gift. All my grieving, it was during this last year. I think I've got this. For now. When it hits me, it's going to hit me. But my biggest job is to tell my husband, we're fine. I'll take care of our kids. You'll watch us from another spot.'
The pair has been happily married since 1994 while also sharing three children together, Nelson Angelil, Eddy Angelil, and René-Charles Angelil.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vera Wang to design Lady Gaga’s wedding dress

It's been 25 years since Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait