Snoop Dogg recalls a life of rap battles before inking record deal


Snoop Lion. Photo:Bangshowbiz
(Snoop Dogg recalls roots and talks about how he started out in the hip-hop game. Photo: Filed)
Snoop Dogg recalls his roots and talks about how he started out in hip-hop engaging in various rap battles. The Dogg father, who is so confident of his rap skills because of his roots in battle, also spoke about rappers like Drake Future and Migos.
In an interview with Pigeons and Planes, the 43-year-old rapper said: ‘I don’t know who is who when they doing that rap style, and I love them all.’
He also recalls starting out as a rapper, saying: ‘When I came out as a rapper, everyone had their own style,’ Snoop also said that ‘If you sounded like someone else, that word was called biting. You biting my style, you biting my shit.’
Snoop went further to discuss his style of rap and how it affected him after he got a recording contract.
He said: ‘Realistically, I come from the world of battle rap. I used to be a battle rapper before I got a record deal, and I always had the attitude that y’all can’t f**k with me, and that’s my attitude when I drop my record. Y’all can’t fu**k with me.’
He also further explained the reason behind his energy, and how he doesn’t see it as negative in anyway.
‘And that ain’t derogatory, that ain’t conceited, that ain’t negative. That’s just an energy of confidence of knowing that my shit don’t sound like yours.
‘Right now it may not win. I may not be the most talked about when I come out, but when the dust clears, I’m still gonna be standing because that’s me, it’s not them,’ Snoop said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vera Wang to design Lady Gaga’s wedding dress

It's been 25 years since Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait