17 years after first team debut, Xavi Hernandez announces Barcelona exit


Xavi has announced he will leave Barcelona this summer to join Qatari side Al-Sadd
Xavi has announced he will leave Barcelona this summer to join Qatari side, Al-Sadd. Photo: Reuters
Veteran midfielder, Xavi Hernandez has announced he will leave Barcelona this season after 17 years at the Catalan club.
The Spain midfielder, who has made over 5oo appearances and won 23 trophies including three Champions League and eight Primera Division titles, made the announcement today, May 21, 2015 at a press conference.
‘I could not have asked for a better career and I want to thank the Barca fans, who have treated me very well. I’m very happy with how things have gone and I leave having given everything.
‘I would like to announce and confirm my departure from Barca at the end of the season, ‘It’s a definite decision but a difficult one, I’ve been at the club for almost 25 years but this is the time for me to leave.’
Xavi Hernandez, who is rated as one of the most decorated midfielders in the world, also confirmed he will be joining Qatari club side, Al-Sadd for the next two seasons this summer.
‘I have a thrilling project in Qatar, I will play for Al-Sadd the next two seasons.’
Xavi leaves a press conference after telling the media he would leave Barcelona at the end of the season
Xavi leaves a press conference after telling the media he would leave Barcelona at the end of the season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vera Wang to design Lady Gaga’s wedding dress

It's been 25 years since Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait