Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia

This is actually a true life story that I want to share with us all. An experience never to be forgotten easily. These experiences are what many Nigerians go through in Malaysia and other Asian countries in the name of travelling abroad..

aba.jpg

please grab a bottle of ..........., pop corn and seat back, relax as you enjoy this story.



I have always wanted to travel overseas for my University education. Even when I was younger, I used to tell me dad that I would like to study Abroad for my University. As time went on, my disturbed my dad about it which caused him to make me a promise that my post graduate would be done abroad.

Years later, I got admission into the university. Life was so sweet and great with me, and having a nice roommate, oliseh was also awesome. Things were going on fine, not until second semester of my 100level came, Oliseh relocated to Malaysia to continue his education. I didn’t know how he said his dad was able to raise money for him and he travelled to Malaysia. But we still maintained contacts. We chatted regularly on facebook and calls. He would tell me how beautiful life is in Malaysia and how I would enjoy life to the fullest if I come. He often sends me photos of that place.

A year later, during the Christmas period, Oliseh landed into Nigeria. He came in with a brand new Prado jeep. He got me cloths, accessories and so many things that I began wondering how he got all the money within a space of one year he travelled to Malaysia. Na so oliseh gist me ooo. He said he was a student and also a worker.

He goes to classes for 5 hours and 6 hours for work. “But na which kind work this guy dey do wey just give am dis kind money,” I wondered within myself. Because one of my uncle who works in one of the new generational banks and collects a salary of N120,000 can’t even afford a second hand car worth N1.5million talk more of a second hand Prado jeep.

Oliseh told me he was into a lucrative computer business, importing goods into Malaysia and selling to the citizens. “Hope say Yahoo or Yahoo plus no dey,” I asked, just to be sure. “Ah ahnnnn. Wetin you dey talk sef. I no dey do yahoo nah. Me nah pure business man ooo.” He told me there was money, plenty of it to be made in that country Malaysia. That I can even clock $1million within my first 6 months.

Na so I believe this guy. I was happy for me. He even promised to help me with my papers when I graduate so I can come over. Na so me happy oooo sey I go soon go join my guy for Malaysia. The way he talked about the country, I was almost believing that people can even pluck money from trees in that country.

Before my guy Oliseh went back to Malaysia, he gave me some money and told me when am ready to come I should inform him so he can help me with my papers. After Oliseh left, it just looked as if I was no longer myself anymore. All my thoughts, dreams, visions were all directed to Malaysia. When I have any dream, I see myself in Malaysia. If I wake up, it looks as if I woke up in Malaysia. I eat, it looks as if am eating Malaysian food. I walk out of my house, it will look as if I walked into Malaysia.

When I look at people, my parents and siblings around me, it will look as if am looking at Malaysians. Up to the extent that when I drink water, I assumes that’s water from Malaysia. When I even look up to the skies, I will sea Malaysia boldly written up there. Everything I see, do, looks Malaysia to me. I just want to be in Malaysia as soon as possible. My mind was no longer settled, even in my academics. It looks as if Malaysia was calling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vera Wang to design Lady Gaga’s wedding dress

It's been 25 years since Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait