God himself could not control my drinking – Yelawolf

yelawolf
Rapper, Yelawolf has spoken about his relationship with Eminem, putting in a line many would consider blasphemous: that even God can’t control his drinking. Photo: Metro
During an appearance on ESPN’s ‘Highly Questionable’, Yelawolf has revealed he’s ‘an admitted alcoholic.’ The musician made the revelation after he was asked about his relationship with Eminem.
The Alabama rapper was specifically asked about a conversation he allegedly had with the Detroit lyricist and executive producer of his new album, about controlling his drinking. He then admitted that Em’s ideas on sobriety don’t work for him.
‘No one controls my drinking, but me,’ he said.
He added: ‘I’m the only person who can control that. God himself could not control my drinking.’ ‘I’m an admitted alcoholic and it’s a problem. I wrote a song about it called ‘Empty Bottles’ on Love Story. I’m not proud of it, but it’s in my genes and I do take breaks.
‘I was sober for five months. That was my last sober streak. And I’m back drinking again. He’s absolutely supportive of sobriety. And that’s all good, but it doesn’t work for me. So far, I’m not into sober life.’
While speaking on his alcoholic lifestyle, Yelawolf was asked what his childhood was like. He spoke more about raising his own mother, at the age of 10-11-year-old.
‘My mom was a—She was a rock star,’ he said. ‘So, there was sex, drugs, and rock n’roll every day. I mean, she really became like my big sister, which is strange.
‘When I turned about 10 or 11-years-old, I really started raising her. I raised her emotionally, for sure. When all those dudes failed her as boyfriends or husbands, I was the one who held her down.’

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vera Wang to design Lady Gaga’s wedding dress

It's been 25 years since Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait